Emergency Warming Shelter Launching 1/25
Two Oak Park hospitals are providing warming centers when the temperatures dip below 32°
- Rush Oak Park Hospital (520 S Maple Ave, Oak Park) offers a warming center which operates 24/7. The entrance is on the east end of the hospital on Wisconsin Ave (through the old emergency room).
- West Suburban Medical Center (3 Erie St, Oak Park) offers a warming center that will operate from 6 pm to 6 am.
The Oak Park Public Library’s three locations will also offer shelter from winter weather:
• Dole Branch (255 Augusta St, Oak Park), Closed on Mondays; 10am- 9pm Tuesdays–Thursdays; 10am–6pm Fridays; 10am–5 pm Saturdays; Noon–5 pm Sundays
• Main Library (834 Lake St, Oak Park), 9am–9pm Mondays–Thursdays; 9am–6 pm Fridays; 9am–5 pm Saturdays; Noon–5 pm Sundays
• Maze Branch (845 Gunderson Ave, Oak Park), 10 am–9 pm Mondays–Thursdays; Closed Fridays; 10 am–5 pm Saturdays; Noon–5 pm Sundays
During extreme winter weather, Housing Forward will also open a temporary 24/7 emergency warming shelter.
These warming centers and shelters are a result of a collaboration between Housing Forward, Oak Park Homelessness Coalition, Rush Oak Park Hospital, Village of Oak Park, Takeout25, and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
Volunteers are needed to assist in several capacities at the temporary emergency warming shelter. To learn more, contact Cherrell Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.338.1724 x 201.