110 men, women and families are moving from hotels to permanent homes!
Housing Forward has exciting news! We are taking the next step in our response to the COVID-19 crisis by moving our clients into homes of their own. We believe that no one sheltered temporarily due to the pandemic should return to the street.
Starting July 1, clients will begin moving from hotels/motels into their own apartments. This is a major undertaking and we need community support. Our goal this summer is to collect 110 “Hotel to Home” Kits (that’s right 110!) containing all the common household items necessary to make a house into a home, such as linens and towels, dishes, coffee pot, cleaning supplies, etc.
Imagine the types of things needed by someone who has been experiencing homelessness; then was living temporarily in a hotel room; and is now moving into an empty apartment.
How can you help?
- Click here to learn about welcoming someone home with a “House to Home Kit.”
- Create your own campaign! Set a start and end date with a goal of collecting items for a room or a whole kit.
- Build excitement with your friends, social media contacts, neighbors, co-workers, faith community members about helping to collect items.
- Shop and share from our Target registry and have shipped items directly to Housing Forward, 1851 S. 9th Ave., Maywood, IL 60153 or
- Arrange for a drop off by contacting us at email@example.com or calling (708) 338-1724 x220
To learn more about the Hotel to Home project, visit https://www.housingforward.org/Hotel-to-Home. Together we can move people forward in a positive way this summer.