Housing Forward is looking for a dynamic, strategic and organized development/event professional to join the team. The special events manager plans, coordinates and fundraises for the organization’s signature special events, other community and board fund raising and friend raising events. This team member also acts as the liaison to the associate board, a young professional group supporting our mission. Reporting to the director of development & communications, this position will collaborate with the development team to build the agency’s private funding base, with a special focus on individual giving.
- Responsible for the sponsorship solicitation and event participation, planning and execution including logistics, negotiating with vendors, securing in-kind underwriting, recruiting, training and managing all volunteers for special events, and ensuring the event is efficiently managed for all new and existing fundraising events including four annual fundraising events. board of director friend raisers and community events.
- Ensure successful achievement of income goals and effectively manage expenditures for all special events.
- Prospect new and maintain existing sources of event-specific funding from prospective sponsors, donors, vendors, individuals, and corporations.
- Prospect new and maintain existing sources of in-kind support (e.g. media, printing, food, and auction items) for special events.
- Collaborate with communications coordinator to drive event participation via social & traditional media, community groups, and congregations and other influencer networks.
- Create event materials including event invitations (both print and digital), program books, handouts, etc.; manage relationship with printing to produce cost-efficient materials.
- Collaborate to ensure timely production mailings or e-blasts of solicitation letters/emails, and event acknowledgments.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward strategic individual, corporate and business targets, under the direction of the director of development & communications.
- Assist with management of accurate donor records in donor management database.
- Recruit and manage event support/committees (Gala chairs, friendraiser event hosts, volunteers)
- Serve as liaison between the associate board and Housing Forward by providing leadership, insight and guidance on fulfilling October event deliverables and other support events and volunteering.
- Manage event plan and drive sponsorship solicitation and event participation for October event.
Qualities & Experiences:
- Highly motivated self-starter and innovative team player with strong personal work ethic, able to excel in a collaborative and results-oriented environment
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral); ability to effectively articulate Housing Forward’s mission, programs and impact
- Proven ability to devise creative and unique opportunities for achieving desired fundraising outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with sponsors, donors, vendors, partners, vendors and committees.
- Experience planning and implementing fundraising galas or similar events with 300+ attendees
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, Salesforce, Click & Pledge or other on-line event and donor platforms
- Adept at effective multi-tasking
This position will require evening and weekend hours as necessary, and the ability to provide own transportation
Employment Status: Full time, 37.5 hours per week