Housing Forward is experiencing substantial growth and is expanding its development team. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced development professional for the newly established development assistant position. This team member will be responsible for providing support for the efforts of the development department, including Salesforce donor database, research, administrative and event support. This position is a part-time and reports to the director of development and communications and will support the entire development team.
- Maintaining all aspects of development information, tracking and reporting on contributions in Salesforce donor database, including gift entry, updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records
- Performing all aspects of database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance
- Maintaining organized electronic and hard-copy filing systems for all development revenue documentation.
- Managing the donation and foundation gift acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes, tribute/memorial letters and special processing)
- Assist the development team with budget reconciliation.
- Act as primary point person for all regular and special development department report generation, including mailing lists generation.
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings
- Post mailings or work with mail house or volunteers to ensure time sensitive mailings are sent
- Provide administrative support for signature special events (e.g. Gala) including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in-kind gift tracking and other clerical duties as designated by the development team
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum two years prior administrative experience, preferably in fundraising/development office strongly preferred
- Prior experience with a fundraising software and information management; experience with Salesforce strong plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and work independently
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally, and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree; may be substituted by experience
Hours of Work
- Part time equivalent 17 to 20 hours per week
Housing Forward is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, walk up and down stairs. This position may require evening or weekend hours, in relation to execution of special events and activities. This position requires the ongoing access to reliable transportation.