Actively promote volunteer opportunities to target congregations, civic groups, and local companies; assist with implementation of a volunteer management system; provide leadership in developing volunteer recognition opportunities.
- Work with the Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator to implement the volunteer management program
- Work with the Volunteer& Outreach Coordinator to develop program specific job descriptions and to market, recruit and post opportunities for volunteers ,
- Build relationships with schools, businesses, community/civic groups, and congregations to cultivate in-kind support through volunteer opportunities, meal donations and supplies.
- Attend volunteer fairs and volunteer recruitment activities as assigned.
- Promote volunteer opportunities internally and externally, via internal postings and volunteer search websites.
- Coordinating with staff to cultivate and enrich current volunteer opportunities.
- Actively recruit groups, businesses and support congregations to fill volunteer and meal group openings/vacancies.
- Organize and facilitate monthly training sessions including all pre-season season volunteer training sessions.
- Schedule volunteer teams/food groups.
- Regularly interface with volunteers and food groups to improve connection between the shelter and the agency.
- Prepare and summarize volunteer year-end-evaluation
- Assist in the organizing of the volunteer appreciation dinner and other volunteer appreciation events.
Ideal Qualities & Experiences
- Excellent engagement skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of issues related to homelessness and poverty.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- A minimum of one year experience working in social services or with volunteers and success in managing and forging relationships and working with diverse groups of individuals (volunteers, staff, board members and community members, etc.)