The position is responsible for providing full-time clinical care, assessing non-clinical needs, assisting with ad hoc needs, and working with a multi-disciplinary team in a temporary interim housing setting.
Cook County Health’s Medical Respite Center program will be based in a 20-bed floor of the Write Hotel in Oak Park, Illinois. Clients will be individuals experiencing homelessness who require post-acute-care medical respite services including, but not limited to outpatient antibiotic therapy, post-procedural recovery, protective isolation, home hospice care, and isolation/quarantine for CoVID-19.
- Perform clinical intake of new clients into the program.
- Conduct daily rounds on clients involving measurement of vital signs and health assessments.
- Assist clients with self-management of medical problems including but not limited to administration of intravenous antibiotics, wound dressing changes, and adherence to prescribed medications.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording changes in clients’ conditions.
- Coordinating telehealth visits.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, and evaluating nursing care plans by working with multidisciplinary team members.
- Associate’s degree or diploma in nursing
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse
- American heart Association BLS certification
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with basic infection control protocols and procedures
- Familiarity with Spanish or Polish
- Familiarity with home health care
- Strong connections with public health as demonstrated through work experiences or collaborations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Emotional strength and caring nature
- Ability to adapt in a fluid environment
- Ability to work with clients with diverse needs including social and behavioral needs
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending and lifting.
- On-call responsibilities.
- Multiple openings for 12-hour shifts not to exceed 40 hours per week.
- Daytime, evening, and overnight shifts available.