Provide case management services, including the delivery of basic services, to homeless individuals and homeless families. Assist Interim Housing director with the day-to-day operations of Interim Housing. Document client service transactions in HMIS and other databases as required. Perform operational tasks as necessary and administrative tasks as assigned to fulfill program objectives.
- Intake and assessment:
- Perform program intake, including the completion of all necessary Housing Forward and HMIS forms to ensure proper registration on all new clients.
- Determine eligibility for services based on homeless status.
- Provide clients with an orientation to the Interim Housing Program services and rules.
Case Management responsibilities:
- Provide case management services including, advocacy, crisis intervention and counseling to program participants.
- In conjunction with client, establish housing service plan: review case progress and complete re-determination in accordance with program requirements.
- Make referrals in accordance with service plans to internal programs and external providers.
- Initiate follow-up of referrals to coordinate services and monitor client progress.
- Ensure that clients have completed all necessary documentation to be placed on the By Name List for housing referral.
- Complete reports of unusual incidents as necessary and submit to supervisor for review and submission to Director of Operations and Client Services.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records (e.g. case notes) in accordance with agency policies.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of service transactions into HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation of aggregate data reports and statistics.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Attend agency wide and departmental meetings
- Participate in clinical case staffing
- Assist in the processing and sorting of donations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field or minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Skills or experience in the following areas: Homeless issues, mental health and substance abuse recognition, and accessing supportive services.
- Consistent, reliable, and team oriented.
- Excellent written and oral skills necessary.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to assist with in- kind donations.