This position provides rotating support to the Medical Respite Program at Sojourner House and the Interim Housing Program. This position serves as the lead Case Manager providing initial intake, ongoing case management, basic support and ensuring the safety of clients during their stay in the program. This position will also provide evening coverage, as needed.
Essential Job Functions – Sojourner House:
- Receive referrals from the Program Manager.
- Complete initial intake and necessary documentation for all respite clients.
- Orient new clients to the program and settling them into their unit as needed.
- Assist clients to acclimate and adjust to residing in the setting and in understanding program rules.
- Develop individual service plan with participant and review plan quarterly for and adjust accordingly.
- Treat program clients with dignity and respect.
- Provide wellness checks on all residents and address basic needs; for non-respite clients, work with assigned case manager to provide support and assistance.
- Report any maintenance issues to Program Director.
- Work with Coordinated Entry and the housing staff to facilitate the transition to the next level of housing and assist with move-out process
- Mitigate and manage any on-site crisis as they arise.
- Report and document all incidents, emergencies, substantial behavioral difficulties, and any intrusions or visits by police, ambulance, or any other outside agencies to the supervisor or on-call manager immediately.
- Be aware of the impact of trauma on participants and prevent and/or respond quickly and compassionately to triggers and post-trauma responses.
- Complete shift reports and logs and contribute to inter-shift debriefings. Review logs and reports for prior shifts.
- Ensure program rules and policies are observed.
- Provide operating support to Program Director as needed.
- Work in partnership with other staff, AmeriCorps members, interns and staff from other agencies and medical centers.
- Maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, and CPI (Non-violent Crisis Intervention) according to the schedule of trainings provided by the agency.
- Bachelor degree in social service with a minimum of one-year experience or high school diploma with three years’ experience in social services.
- Good communication, strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with clients.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending homelessness.
- Upholds organizational values
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Timely entry of intake, service transactions, and exit status into HMIS client database
- Ability to write complete case notes
- Strong comfort level with Office 365 Suite – SharePoint, Teams, etc.
Hours of Work
- 37.5 hours/week. Attendance at signature special events is required and may require evening/overnight or weekend work. This position requires the ability to provide own transportation.
Housing Forward is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, walk up and down stairs, and lift up to 25 lbs.
It is the policy of Housing Forward, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
I understand that the statements included in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position, and that they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, this job description does not state or imply that this is a contract between the individual in this position and Housing Forward.