Housing Forward is experiencing substantial growth and is expanding its development team. We are seeking a strategic, dynamic and experienced development professional for the new Institutional Giving Manager position. This team member will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and congregations. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communication, this position includes the responsibility for writing proposals and submitting reports on grant funded projects and tracking the status of grants as required. This position will also be responsible for donor research, event support, and special administrative projects as needed.
- Researching opportunities for funding from private foundations, corporations, faith-based groups and civic organizations. Maintaining portfolio and calendar of submission deadlines and contacts for these funding sources.
- Overseeing the cultivation and stewardship process of private foundation, corporations, faith-based groups and civic organizations. Invite, plan, organize and attend site visits with funders and prospects as appropriate.
- Writing and submit proposals, budgets, and reports in timely manner and ensure compliance with grant commitments. Ensure department correspondence and communication with private funders.
- Supporting the Director of Development & Communications in donor relationship management of grant funders; manage relationships with selected donors
- Maintaining electronic grants files, monitor grant status in database, and track grants income to budget.
- Supporting sponsorship efforts for major fundraising events, tracking prospects and managing submissions and sponsor details.
- Ensuring program descriptions and outcomes for which funding is sought are accurate. Work closely and collegially with program and data assurance departments.
Qualities and Experiences
- Contributes to the over-all work of the Development team, and actively participates in team meetings and other staff meetings.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage time effectively with multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding, deadline-driven development department. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability. Must be able to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals
- Strong research and fact-finding skills. Strong strategic and analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to devise new and unique opportunities for achieving desired outcome
- Minimum two years’ experience in professional foundation grant writing and reporting in the nonprofit sector
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite; experience with Salesforce is a plus
- This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours as necessary, and the ability to access reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Writing or related field
- Hours of Work: Full-time equivalent 37.5 hours
Housing Forward is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, walk up and down stairs. This position may require evening or weekend hours, in relation to execution of special events and activities. This position requires the ongoing access to reliable transportation.