The Housing Case Manager is responsible for the coordination and delivery of quality direct case management and stabilization services for clients in the Supportive Housing Program in accordance with standards and practices required by specific funders. The Housing Case Manager is also responsible for providing housing advocacy and linkage services that help to support retention in permanent housing. NB: This job description may have an addendum that outlines specific scopes or tasks as outlined by the funding sources or agency needs. If such the responsibilities outlined in the addendum are considered as essential as the ones listed below.
Providing case management services for program participants by:
- Work collaboratively to assist the clients/residents in obtaining permanent housing and address any barriers.
- Develop and monitor service plans as required by agency standards and funding sources.
- Complete all internal and external designated reports/databases and maintain effective documentation and record keeping including the logs, client case files, and other programmatic needs accurately and in a timely manner as directed by the supervisor.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate groups and workshops as needed.
- Develop and maintain service linkages to support clients/residents and their families, including developing relationships with local service providers.
- Transport clients or arrange for transportation to housing, legal, and medical appointments as needed.
- Participate in clinical case conferences and care coordination as indicated.
- Coordinate with the after-care case manager a system for follow-up/outcome measurement for up to 12 months post discharge.
- Providing ongoing life-skills training including problem solving and coping/ skill development to aid in the participants’ process of improving independence and quality of life.
- Connecting participants to medical, mental health and other supportive services as needed.
- Establishing a broad-based knowledge of community services and communicating appropriate referrals to clients.
- Conduct visits in the client’s home to support client in working on goals, to ensure compliance with lease and program rules.
- Assure access and continued eligibility to appropriate entitlements in which participants may be eligible.
- Participate in onsite and off-site trainings and meetings, as needed.
- Work as part of a team to ensure service delivery to all members of Supportive Housing Program.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Excellent case management skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates experience and ability to interact sensitively and respectfully with persons with severe disabilities (mental health, substance abuse or other disability condition) and homeless difficulties.
- Demonstrates strong skills in interviewing, engagement, assessment, planning and advocacy.
- Demonstrates common sense, good judgment, and ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of social service, Master’s degree preferred.
- Word processing, data entry and spreadsheet skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs
- Must have smartphone to utilize Agency communication and collaboration tools.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Access to personal transportation is necessary for this position.
Hours: Full time, exempt. Must be willing to work the occasional night or weekend