Maintain a presence in the Support Center managing incoming traffic and assisting with Outreach and In-kind donation needs.
- Sort and file incoming mail
- Distribute mail to clients
- Greet and assist people at the Lexington entrance
- Make outbound calls to clients to verify referral success
- Perform routine administrative and maintenance tasks per daily, weekly and monthly checklists
- Assist donations volunteer with accepting, sorting and maintaining inventory of donations and supplies
- Assist with sorting and assembly of outreach kits/materials
- Distribute Street Outreach Cards and Fliers to community stakeholders upon request
- Other duties as necessary
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Completion of GED or high school diploma
- A minimum of one-year experience working in social services.
- Familiarity with permanent housing options, mental health and substance abuse services, computer skills, and ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment is a plus.
Member Status Hours:
- Full-time AmeriCorps Member; 900 hours to be completed within contracted timeframe.
- Living Allowance: $7,600 annually distributed bi-weekly
- Upon successful completion of 900 hours of service, receive an $3,097.50 education award
- Student Loan: forbearance during term of service
- Health and dental care insurance for the AmeriCorps member
- Childcare assistance if needed
- Networking sessions and professional development
- Leadership development trainings