Eligibility Criteria for Prevail Emergency Assistance
If you live in suburban Cook County and are at risk of becoming homeless, call the Prevention Call Center at 877-4-COOK-15. If you live in Chicago, call the city help line at 311.
Documentation requirements for the Emergency Assistance program:
- You will need to provide identification. If you do not have current identification, our volunteers will help you acquire identification necessary to obtain benefits and employment. Please bring anything that might qualify as proof of identification including social security cards, birth certificates, school records, medical records, prison release documents or other types of official communication such as a benefits award letter or utility bill or lease.
- Certain types of assistance will require proof of income such as pay stubs, social security or link card awards or unemployment benefits.
- You will also need to provide documentation regarding your financial issue, such as a 5-day notice and copy of your lease, a utility shut off notice and bill with past due amounts or appointment slips for medical visits or job interviews.
For additional information about required documentation, please call 708.338.1724 ext. 307.
Eligibility Criteria for PADS Shelter
- Photo ID required. Individuals without an ID may stay one night and must report to the Support Center the following day.
- The shelter is unable to serve unaccompanied youth (under 18) or registered sex offenders.
Eligibility Criteria for Supportive Housing
Minimum qualifications for all Supportive Housing programs:
- Proof of homelessness, as defined by HUD.
- Proof of all household income.
- Photo identification.
- Birth certificates for all household members.
To be screened for housing services, call 708.338.1724.