The Case Aide assists clients experiencing homelessness with basic needs and enrolling in benefits in the day-time Support Center and assists with case management under the direction of Case Managers. The Case Aide also helps ensure the smooth operation of the Support Center and create a welcoming, safe space for clients.
Supportive and Basic Service Responsibilities:
- Pre-screen visitors seeking assistance at the Support Center and provide an orientation to the Support Center.
- Assist clients with accessing basic supportive services.
- Assist clients in obtaining ID including Social Security Cards, Driver Licenses, State ID’s, and Birth Certificates.
- Maintain a current, up-to-date knowledge of internal Housing Forward programs and external resources.
- Assist in on-the-job training and supervision of Support Center volunteers.
Benefits Coordination Responsibilities:
- Assist clients for signing of for SNAP (food stamp) benefits through IDHS on-line system.
- Assist eligible clients in obtaining general assistance benefits through townships.
- Work with Case Managers to assist clients in applying for Medicaid, Social Security, Unemployment and Veterans benefits.
- Greet Support Center clients at reception desk.
- Enforce Support Center expectations and ensure the safety and security of the Support Center and clients.
- Assure the Support Center entrance ramp, steps and sidewalks are clear in inclement weather.
- Sorting donations for the Support Center.
- Answer multi-line phones and pre-screening callers for services and referrals.
- Maintain tracking logs (sign-in, clothing), enter client registrations and service information into HMIS client database.
- Perform routine administrative and maintenance tasks per daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Accept, sort and maintain inventory of Support Center donations and supplies.
GED or High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
Hours of Work
Full-time AmeriCorps Member; 1700 hours to be completed within contracted timeframe. Work schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30a-3:30p (some flexibility required)
Americorps Program Benefits:
- Living Allowance: $13,732 to be distributed in equal allotments every two weeks within the contract term.
- Education Award: Upon successful completion of the member's term of service, the member will receive an education award from the National Service Trust in the amount of $5,730.
- Health care insurance for the AmeriCorps member
- Child care assistance if applicable.