Housing Forward’s Prevail Program provides a wide variety of emergency assistance and support for individuals facing financial or housing crisis in west suburban Cook County. The Emergency Assistance Program works with individuals and families to address the immediate crisis through a combination of financial support, if available, and referrals to community based stability support resources. Housing Forward is part of the Suburban Cook County Continuum of Care and as such, collaborates closely with other area homelessness service providers and is a lead agency in Coordinated Entry. The Emergency Assistance Program Associate will assist with client case management, program services, report coordination and various administrative functions for Prevail’s Emergency Assistance Program. The Program Associate will play an integral role in assessing client need, initiating case management referrals and maintaining our community resource database.
- Work with other agency staff and volunteers to assess walk-in client needs and explore available service options, including referrals to Housing Forward Employment Programs. Ensure ALL walk-in client needs are addressed through the appropriate service module (Coordinated Entry or Prevail Emergency Assistance) within business and walk-in hours.
- Maintain accurate client database records (HMIS, Salesforce, Health Hub, SRN), including /overseeing volunteer data input, in order to track client progress and report outcome and impact measures.
- Update and maintain the community resource database in Salesforce as needed.
- Send updates to staff regarding important new resources.
- Provide consultation, as-needed, to assist volunteers and other staff in locating appropriate stability resource referrals.
- Assist with aftercare follow-up calls to clients after receiving assistance to determine if the client needs additional stability case management services.
- Maintain Housing Listings Spreadsheet
- Complete reports and gather statistical information as requested by supervisors
- Maintain accurate and confidential files in accordance with Housing Forward policies.
- Develop a cooperative working relationship with other agency staff.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Qualities & Experiences
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School graduate or higher with experience in social service or
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred
- The applicant will have demonstrated experience and ability to interact sensitively and respectfully with persons of various backgrounds. .
- Consistent, reliable, and team oriented.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge of PC operating systems (Windows 7) and related software programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Access to personal transportation is strongly preferred for this position.
Hours of Work
Member Status Hours:
- Full – time AmeriCorps member
- 1700 hours to be completed within contracted time frame
- Routine schedule of 37.5 hours per week.
- Requires one Tuesday evening per week.